Monday, April 25, 2011

Is Social Media Ruining Students?

Here is something interesting to chew on. I found the below image on Soshable.com and thought it was very interesting. Especially the statistics regarding how often students study who use Facebook in comparison to non-users of Facebook. I know that when I was in undergrad and graduate school, Facebook was a welcome break to my endless study sessions. If anything, it helped me feel connected to my friends while I was locked away in the library. When I saw that my friends too were studying via their status updates, I was less inclined to pack up and head home for a night of fun and more inclined to knock out another hour since no one was doing anything anyways. Now I need your feedback! What was your experience with Facebook as a student?

Obsessed with Facebook
Via: Online Education

No comments:

Post a Comment